Welcome to Dialysis Patient Care!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Stop Dialysis: Stopping Dialysis because Im Tried of It


I know some patients who are on dialysis for a period of time have cross their mind with regards to "Stopping their Dialysis" or ask themselves what if I would just stop going to the dialysis center, what would happen to me?

I have read somewhere not sure what site was it but it says
The expected duration of life after dialysis is stopped is one to two weeks.



I also read that death from stopping dialysis is painless. Hmmmnnn. I think it depends because I know you dont die from dialysis, you die from the complications of renal failure. Here is a good article about Treatment Options for End Stage Renal Failure or ESRD





Stop Dialysis: Stopping Dialysis because Im Tried of It - Related Hemodialysis Article



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Article

 

hemodialysis,peritoneal dialysis, dialysis machine, kidney dialysis, dialyse, dialyzer, dialyse tubings, complications of dialysis, dialyzer reprocessing, protein dialysis, kidney transplant, hemodialysis diet, renal nurse, renal failure, hollow fiber membranes, minerals and electrolytes, kidney treatment, dialysis treatment